Wednesday 15 May 2013

Different challenges for Marquez and Pedrosa

World Championship leader Marc Marquez heads to Le Mans with the added task of needing to learn a new circuit on MotoGP™ machinery. As for Repsol Honda Team partner Dani Pedrosa, he is striving to end a winless French run in the top class.



If either of the riders triumphs in the Monster Energy Grand Prix de France, they will become the first repeat winner of the 2012 campaign. Before thinking about such achievements, however, 20-year-old Marquez will be learning in free practice.
"We go to Le Mans and again we arrive there starting from zero, as I haven't done any tests there," he explains. "I'll do my best and I'll try to make the most of the situation. I hope it doesn't rain so we can prepare the bike on a dry track; this is very important in order to find the right setup.
"I'm very happy at the moment but we have to keep our feet on the ground, as the coming circuits are new for me in MotoGP. A huge part of our success in this first part of the season is down to the help that Honda and the team have given me and it had helped my riding a lot."
Pedrosa has reason to be confident ahead of the weekend, having won the last Grand Prix at Jerez. In terms of victories at Le Mans, the elder of the two Spaniards has celebrated success on three occasions in either the 125 or 250 classes.
"After a fantastic weekend in Jerez and a productive test on the Monday, I'm looking forward to going to Le Mans," Pedrosa comments. "I have had good results in the past and I enjoy the circuit, so I'm hoping that the bike works well there.
"Practice management in Le Mans can sometimes be difficult and complicated due to the weather, but I'm finding my comfort again on the bike and I'm working well with the team. I will go to France and aim to use all of my experience and remain focused for the whole weekend."
Marquez, who won in Moto2™ for the first time at Le Mans in 2011 but crashed out last year, currently leads MotoGP™ by three points from Pedrosa. Reigning champion Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha Factory Racing) is four points in arrears of the leader following their high profile collision at the end of the Spanish Grand Prix.

No comments:

Post a Comment