Tuesday 14 May 2013

MotoGP Le Mans: Title leader Marquez 'starting from zero’


MotoGP rookie Marc Marquez begins this weekend's French round on top of the world, after claiming 3-1-2 results in the opening races of his premier-class career.

The 20-year-old's runner-up finish at Jerez came at the expense of world champion Jorge Lorenzo, whom Marquez dramatically barged past at the final corner of their home race.

Victory in Austin proved Marquez already has the speed and mental stamina to win in MotoGP, whileJerez proved he is unafraid of upsetting the established stars. A potent mix.

"We go to Le Mans and again we arrive there starting from zero, as I haven't done any tests there,” said Marquez, whose Qatar third came at a circuit he had not previously tested his RCV at. 

“I'll do my best and I'll try to make the most of the situation. I hope it doesn't rain so we can prepare the bike on a dry track, this is very important to find the right set up. I'm very happy at the moment but we have to keep our feet on the ground as the coming circuits are new for me in MotoGP.”

Marquez - fastest at the post race Jerez test - starts round four with a three-point lead over Repsol Honda team-mate Dani Pedrosa, the winner at Jerez. Yamaha's Lorenzo is four-points from Marquez. 

Each of the Spanish trio has won one race this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment